We believe that the day you pick out your Christmas Tree is truly the start of the festive season. We want to ensure that day is special.
Our varieties include; Nordmann Fir, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, Blue Spruce and Serbian Spruce.
We’re delighted to announce we’ll be opening on the 13th and 14th November for our First to Field event where you’ll be able to choose a tree ready for collection at a later date.
Our SustainabiliTREE event will also be returning this year on the 20th and 21st November where you’ll receive a free mini tree to plant at home when you purchase a tree*.
From the 19th November we’ll be officially open for the season.
(*One per household.)
We specialise in farm grown trees. We believe that it is important that you can see where your tree has come from and be confident in its freshness, knowing that with proper care it will last all the way through to New Year.
We also advise that your tree be placed away from any direct heat such as radiators or fireplaces.
To keep your tree happy and healthy we suggest following these steps once you get it home;
- Whilst all of our trees are fresh cut we recommend that you cut 1cm off the base of the trunk to allow it to take up water
- Immediately place your tree in the stand and fill with fresh water
- Do not let the water level drop below the base of the trunk –if so it will dry up and form a seal that will stop it taking up further water
- Christmas trees are thirsty! They will drink between 0.5 and 2 litres of water per day, remember to check your stand daily and top up with fresh water when needed
FIRST TO THE FIELD
Each year we plant new trees for your future Christmas enjoyment.
On the 13th and 14th November 2021, we invite you to our field to choose and reserve your perfect tree!
When you’re ready to collect it, it will be freshly harvested for you, helping it stay perfect for the whole Christmas season. We will also have a carefully selected choice of pre-cut trees that are ready to take home on the day.
Back in 2018 we launched our SustainabiliTREE event where you had the opportunity to plant a real tree for every tree bought during that weekend. Unfortunately due to covid we couldn’t run the event last year but are thrilled to announce its back again for 2021 but with a twist; instead of the trees being planted at the farm, you can take the tree home and plant in your own gardens or if you’d prefer we can find space at the farm so no tree will go without a home.
The event will be on from 9am until 5pm on Saturday 20th and 10am until 4pm on Sunday from 10am until 4pm. Freshly cut trees will be available for you to take home or you can choose and tag a tree ready for collection at a later date.
We believe that the day you pick out your Christmas Tree is truly the start of the festive season. We want to ensure that day is special but also safe and enjoyed by everyone. Here are some of the measures we’re putting in place to ensure everyone is safe whilst visiting the farm.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 2 metres between yourself and others whilst at the farm.
- We encourage face coverings to be worn throughout the farm including all outside areas and whilst in the barn, unless exempt.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the farm for use by staff and customers.
- Our preferred payment method is via card or Apple Pay.
- PPE screens are in place around the payment area.
- Staff have been trained on Covid guidelines/measures and will be wearing face coverings, unless exempt.
- Extra signage will be at the farm to remind everyone of farm rules and to socially distance.
- Separate entrance and exit and one-way system in place where required
- Whilst booking is not required, at busy times there may be car parking restrictions so we can limit the number of people on site. Generally, we’re busier at the weekends so if possible, we would encourage visiting during our weekday opening hours.
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who has tested positive with Covid-19, or are experiencing symptoms, please do not visit the farm.
- For the safety of all staff and customers, if anyone is in breach of these guidelines, they’ll be asked to leave the farm immediately – we want to make sure everyone stays safe.
- Whilst we’ll continue to offer delivery, we won’t be able to go indoors so the tree will need to be left outside.
- The barn will be open with a selection of Christmas decorations to complement your tree. We’ve displayed these in a way that allows for easy, clear viewing, so please try not to handle the decorations unless intending to purchase.
Grappenhall Christmas Trees
Carr House Farm, Broad Lane, Warrington,WA4 3ET
All major credit cards accepted.
We can arrange local delivery of Christmas trees.